I’m one of those people who can never sit still and my mind (and mouth) runs at about a bazillion miles an hour. Professionally, I straddle two worlds: insurance and publishing. I’ve established three businesses since the mid-1980s: two insurance agencies and an insurance and business education firm. I’m also a published writer.
- Licensed insurance agent and consultant.
- Approved insurance continuing education provider.
- Certified insurance counselor.
- Approved insurance instructor (in all 50 states).
- Faculty member of the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research.
- Public speaker and presenter of career development workshops and insurance education seminars.
- Freelance writer of a variety of general business and insurance education materials.
- Mystery writer and author of Second Time Around, which was nominated for a 2010 EPIC Award in the Best Mystery/Suspense Fiction category.
- Nonfiction author of Taking the Mystery Out of Business: 9 Fundamentals for Professional Success, which is the first in a series of business books.
- Independent contractor/consultant.
- Member of Mystery Writers of America, Romance Writers of America, and Sisters in Crime.
I can be found online at:
- Faulkner Education Services: http://faulknereducation.com
- Mystery website: http://lindamfaulkner.com
- Nonfiction website: http://lindafaulkner.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/LindaFaulknerWriter
- Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/linda-faulkner/b/722/623
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/LMFaulkner420
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2849445.Linda_M_Faulkner
Some personal info:
- I married my husband 30 years after meeting him on the school bus.
- My three children–Beth, Michael, and Laurie–are exceptional human beings.
- My two granddaughters, Bridget and Katharine, are adorable, sweet, and smart.
- I couldn’t have wound up with a better son-in-law or soon-to-be daughter-in-law if I’d picked them myself.
- I adore my pets: Delaney, Charlotte, Max, Grace, and Molly. (I don’t adore my husband’s blue and gold macaw but do admire Pete’s conversational abilities.)
- I’m the oldest of four siblings, have a typical “oldest” personality, and have the best baby sister in the world.
- The most valuable thing my mother gave me was confidence.
- The most valuable thing my father gave me was a positive attitude.
- I can play several musical instruments, I can read music, and my voice resembles that of a dead flea (at least that’s what my kids have always said).
- My favorite color is red (or green–depending upon the day).
- My favorite place is the ocean (or the mountains–depending upon what’s closer).
- My favorite animal would be a tiger if I could find one that was both accessible and cuddly–until I do, I’ll settle for hugging my dogs and cats.
- I prefer silence to noise, mornings to evenings, whiskey to wine, potatoes to meat, laughing to crying, and writing to just about anything else in the world.
- I think Mark Twain is the funniest person ever to walk this earth.
- I believe in God, the power of positive thinking, and Murphy’s law–all at the same time.
- I am thankful for living in a country that allows me the freedom to say what I think, do what I want, and embrace freedom.